Identity Theft Program
Prevention to Prosecution Solution™
Identity theft is the fastest growing financial crime
in America, striking thousands of victims each year. In a matter of
seconds, personal information such as a social security number, a credit
card number or an address can be stolen and used to obtain a new mortgage,
line of credit or additional credit cards. More recently, Keyloggers
are quickly becoming the most prevalent tool used by identity thieves.
These self propagating viruses steal your keystrokes and the information
contained as you navigate the internet.
Our unique identity theft program is the only one in the country that
provides a tool that helps prevent identity theft. Although nothing
can completely prevent identity theft, our Keylogging Defense
System™ will allow our members and their families to
conduct safe internet commerce. Members can bank, shop, E-mail and provide
sensitive information over the internet without the threat of keylogging
viruses stealing their information. Our unique identity theft program
provides members with a true Prevention to Prosecution Solution™.
Contact us if you’d like to customize
a plan to meet your client’s needs.
Product Benefits and Features
Not all identity theft is computer related; as such our program provides
our members with a complete restoration solution. Our highly skilled
Recovery Team will manage the process from beginning to end. The team
includes paralegals, fraud investigators, identity theft experts, and
legal counsel. The following services are provided to all members:
Keylogging Defense System™
Keylogging is far and away the number one identity theft threat to
you and your business. Spyware, phishing, computer viruses, cookies,
lost laptops, data breaches and lost wallets are generally what the
average person thinks of when envisioning the risk of identity theft.
Unfortunately, Keylogging is a far more insidious and prevalent threat!
It is a powerful breed of self propagating software that can copy user’s
keystrokes. That’s right! A keylogger records every keystroke
you make to a log file and then forwards that file on to an identity thief.
Our unique, patent pending, Keylogging Defense System™ provides
a solution that enables users to mitigate the keylogging threat and
prevent the information leakage to current as well as future keyloggers.
How Does It Work?
Our program beats the keyloggers at their own game by encrypting every
keystroke at the keyboard level and then reroutes those encrypted keystrokes
directly to your browser. Our Keylogging Defense System bypasses the
multiple communication areas that are normally vulnerable to keylogging
attacks that could com-promise your vital information.
With our defense system, you can now email, access critical business
applications, browse, shop and bank with confidence knowing that each
and every keystroke is encrypted and not being transmitted to an awaiting
Identity Thief. Our Keylogging Defense System basically renders any
and all keyloggers useless.
Keylogging Defense System Key Features
- Protects against new and existing keyloggers
- Encrypts keystrokes between the keyboard and the browser
- Encrypted keystrokes are sent via a separate path that is invisible
- Monitors system so that it cannot be subverted
- Does not require any spyware database updates
- Uses a CryptoColor alert system
Identity Monitoring searches and monitors for past history as well as real time identity frauds or threats. This service includes:
- Secure, hassle-free identity monitoring
- Actionable identity alerts
Our Identity Monitoring does much more than monitor credit, offering a solution as robust as the ones used by the nation’s leading financial institutions to prevent theft. Identity Monitoring uses innovative technology to detect misuse or even an elevated likelihood for misuse of an individual’s Social Security number, name, address, phone, and date of birth. By creating a SNAPD identity blueprint, this program monitors billions of data on a daily basis from sources such as:
- New Credit Cards
- Wireless Carrier Applications
- Retail Credit Card Accounts
- Automobile Loans
- Mortgage Loans
- Payday Loans
- Checking Accounts and Check Reorders
- Utility Accounts
- DMV Records
- Government Databases
- Real Estate Records
- Court Records
- Criminal Records
- Social Security Records
As identity fraud usually precedes identity theft, this type of proactive system is critical to mitigating the extensive and expensive damage perpetrated after an identity is stolen and manipulated.
*Monitoring covers enrolled member only.
Identity Theft Restoration
Upon notification of an identity theft incident, Privacy Advocates will act on your behalf as a dedicated case manager to:
- Investigate and confirm the fraudulent activity, including known, unknown and potentially complicated additional sources of identity theft.
- Complete and mail customized, pre-populated, state specific “Fraud Packet“ via certified mail with pre-paid return instructions.
- Place phone calls, send electronic notifications, and prepare appropriate documentation on the memberís behalf, including dispute letters for defensible complaints to any and all appropriate state agencies and financial institutions.
- Issue fraud alerts and victim statements when necessary, with the three consumer credit reporting agencies, the FTC, SSA, and U.S. Postal Service.
- Submit Special Limited Power of Attorney and ID Theft Affidavit to involved creditors for card cancellation and new card issuance.
- Contact, follow up and escalate issues with affected agencies, creditors, financial institutions, to reinforce member’s rights.
- Assist the member in notifying local law enforcement authorities to file the appropriate official reports.
- Utilize real time access to public records reports including DMV, criminal, address changes, liens, and judgments for further investigation where applicable.
- Provide peace of mind and resolution of key issues from start to finish as swiftly as possible.
- Provide members with a “Case Completion Kit“ including copies of documentation, correspondence, forms and letters for their personal records.
Lost or Stolen Credit Card Assistance / Document Recovery Services
Privacy Advocates will assist members in the event their credit cards are misplaced or stolen.
Privacy Advocates will:
- Consult with member to determine the severity of the event
- Obtain credit reports from each of the three major credit
- Contact each credit card company or other financial institution with the member via teleconference.
- Cancel members affected credit cards
- Request new replacement cards
- Place fraud alerts with all three major credit bureaus
- Assist members with interpreting their credit reports
- Provide daily ID monitoring for six months to help proactively prevent any additional identity fraud
- Provide credit dispute assistance
- Assist with additional lost items including driverís license, library, and other membership cards.
Identity Theft Insurance
Each member will also receive up to $1,000,000 worth of insurance coverage*.
Identity theft insurance is underwritten by a nationally recognized
Insurance Carrier with an “A” or better AM Best Rating.
This coverage will help members offset some of the cost of restoring
their identity to its original status, including:
- Lost wages: $500.00 per week, for 4 weeks maximum
- Re-filing of loans
- Defense cost for certain civil and criminal lawsuits:
Reasonable and necessary fees incurred in the United States by the
insured with carrier’s consent for an attorney appointed by
a) Defending any civil or criminal suit brought against the insured
by a creditor, collection agency or other entity acting on behalf
of a creditor for non-payment of goods or services, or default on
a loan solely as a result of a stolen identity incident.
b) Removing any civil or criminal judgment wrongfully entered against
the insured solely as a result of a stolen identity incident.
- Reimbursement of fees: Reasonable and necessary
costs incurred in the United States by the insured for.
a) Re-filing applications for loans, grants or other credit instruments
that are rejected solely as a result of a stolen identity event.
b) Notarizing affidavits or other similar documents, long distance
telephone calls and postage solely as a result of the insured’s
efforts to report a stolen identity as and/or amend or rectify records
as to the insured’s true name or identity as a result of a stolen
c) Up to six credit reports from established credit bureaus (with
no more than two reports from any one credit bureau) dated within
12 months after the insured’s discovery of a stolen identity
*Insurance covers enrolled member only.
Unlimited Legal Care at Discounted Rates
As an Identity theft victim, you will have access to a proprietary
attorney network that will represent you at the low hourly rate of $125.00,
or when appropriate, 40% off their usual and customary hourly rate,
for all legal care related to the theft of your identity.
Members may use our program to prosecute identity thieves. This is
the only Identity Theft Program in the country that provides unlimited
discounted legal care, enabling members to both defend themselves against
a theft, and prosecute thieves.
With a nationwide network of plan attorneys, Legal Club is the sole
identity theft vendor that can offer members this important plan enhancement.
Member’s spouse or domestic partner, dependent children, and dependent individuals living in the plan member’s home such as a parent or grandparent.